What is the TechNews Web site?
The TechNews site is your quick access point into a searchable database of technology-related news items collected from on- and off-campus resources.
How current is the TechNews Web site?
News items are submitted to the database several times each week in order to keep you up-to-date with the latest technology news.
What will I find on the TechNews Web site?
From the TechNews page, you can access all of the latest technology headlines or select from a variety of categories, such as virus and security, educational technology or UC Davis administrative computing news.
Why does IET maintain this database and the TechNews site?
IET uses the TechNews database to push news items to our various Web sites. If you visit the Faculty Technology Guide, Student Computing Guide or Computer and Network Security Web sites, you will notice that many of the same news items appear on those sites. Items are pushed to our other sites based on their relevance to the site’s audience.
What features will I find on the TechNews site and how do I use them?
You can visit the TechNews Web site regularly to access all of the latest technology headlines. Some key features of the site include:
- Search: You can search for any story by entering key words or perform an advanced search that will let you filter stories by keyword, section, and date.
- Email: When you select an item to read, you’ll notice that you have the option to email the item (Email Abstract) and your comments to your colleagues.
- Note: Your email address and the recipient's email address will not be used for any other purpose.
- Print:When you select an item to read, you’ll notice that you have the option to print the item. Select the print icon (Print Story) following the abstract for the printer-friendly version of the item you selected.
What options do I have, other than visiting the Web site, for accessing the latest TechNews headlines?
- Subscribe to TechNews: When you subscribe to TechNews, you will receive a weekly email that provides links directly to the top headlines you’ll find on the TechNews Web site.
- Visit the Faculty Technology Guide, Student Computing Guide or Security Web sites: When you visit the sites listed above, you will find TechNews items displayed prominently on the home pages. Of course, items pushed to these sites are selected for their relevance to the particular site audience. For this reason, the most comprehensive list of news items will be found on the TechNews site.
If you have additional questions regarding TechNews, please contact email@example.com.